NAIA Tourney – 1st Round
In Fayette, MO…
Hope Int’l (CA)
- DWU used a 30-10 3rd quarter to blast Hope International, 85-56, after holding a 4-point lead at the break. The Tigers were +13 on the glass & out-shot their foe 47-31%.
- DWU – Isabel Ihnen 18p; Morgan Edelman 17p; Matti Reiner 17p; Jada Campbell 10p, 15 rebounds
In Crestview Hills, KY…
Concordia (NE) 77-50
- Concordia took out Columbia, 77-50, thanks to big 1st & 4th quarters. The Cougars shot a mere 29% from the floor & 7/9 at the FT line while the Bulldogs hit 45% overall & 8/15-3.
- Conc – Taysha Rushton 26p; Kristin Vieselmeyer 12p
In Sioux Center, IA…
Science & Arts (OK)
Mayville State (ND) 77-67
- Despite losing the OR battle big (14-1) & having eight more TO’s (21-13), the Comets eliminated the Drovers, 77-67, thanks to a strong shooting performance. Mayville held a 53-34% lead from the field & went +12 at the FT line (22-10).
- Mayville – Jordan Zrust 19p, 13r; Jes Mertens 17p, 9r; CJ Decker 14p; Mackenzie Hughes 14p
Dordt (IA) 76-63
- Dordt won each quarter by 2-5 points, building up a 13-point win over IA Wesleyan, 76-63. The Defenders dominated the shooting %age, 59-40% & hit 10/20-3 while going +13 in rebounding.
- D – Hayden Heimensen 16p; Janie Schoonhoven 13p; Karly Gustafson 13p; Bailey Beckman 12p
In Dubuque, IA…
Freed-Hardeman (TN) 74-64
- NW was eliminated by Freed-Hardeman, 74-64. The Red Raiders were down 43-23 at halftime & couldn’t recover enough as they hit just 5/20-3.
- NW – Molly Schany 18p, 12r; Maddie Jones 17p; Emilee Danner 14p
In Ft. Wayne, IN…
Briar Cliff (IA) 77-65
- A 17-5 2nd quarter put BCU on top for good in a 77-65 win over MO Baptist. The Chargers had 10 more rebounds in the win, going +9 on the offensive glass w/ 17 OR’s.
- BCU – Payton Slaugher 19p, 8r, 5a; Madelyn Deitchler 14p, 9r; Konnor Sudmann 13p; Kaegan Held 11p; Peyton Wingert 19p; Kennedy Benne 10p
In Wichita, KS…
Dakota State 78-65
- The battle of NSAA v. GPAC went to the NSAA as Dakota State built a 20-point lead heading into the final frame & held on against the Mustangs, 78-65. DakSt led in shooting, 48-38% and had six more rebounds.
- Dak – Lilli Mackley 17p; Sidney Fick 17p; Savannah Walsdorf 11p; Elsie Aslesen 10p
- M – Sophia Peppers 18p, 6 steals; Lily Vollertsen 15p; Chloe Lofstrom 13p; Aspen Jansa 12p
In Helena, MT…
IU South Bend (IN)
Jamestown (ND) 73-68
- UJ was out-shot 44-40%, but they were much better from downtown (12/27 – 2/15) in a narrow win, 73-68, over IU South Bound.
- J – Hannah DeMars 24p (8/24), 9r; Kia Tower 19p (5/9, 5/5-3); Sarah Lenz 13p
NAIA Tourney – 1st Round
In Park City, KS…
OK Wesleyan 72-70
- CU’s Jaxon Weyand & Gage Smith each missed 3-point attempts in the closing five seconds & OK Wesleyan held on for the win over the upset-minded Bulldogs, 72-70.
- CU – Noah Schutte 23p; Bradley Bennett 18p
In Henderson, TN…
Dordt (IA) 101-92
- The Defenders used their offense to navigate past the Pilots in the 1st round, 101-92. Dordt out-shot Bethel, 65-51%, overall.
- D – Bryce Coppock 29p; Jacob Vis 21p; Lucas Lorenzen 19p; Cade Bleeker 12p; Luke Rankin 11p, 8r, 6 assists
In Langston, OK…
Southwestern (KS) 87-82
- SW showed NW how the west was won by advancing 87-82 in Oklahoma. The Red Raiders held a narrow shooting advantage overall, but they were off target from 3pt-land, going 3/19. The team hit 17/18 at the charity stripe, but SW went 26/37 there and held a 16-rebound lead.
- NW – Dillon Carlson 23p; Craig Sterk 21p; Matt Onken 17p, 13r
In Wichita, KS…
Morningside (IA) 81-77
- The Mustangs survived a 41-27 deficit in rebounding to get a narrow win over Columbia, 81-77. The CC squad piled up an impressive 21 OR’s, but M’side out-shot the squad out of MO, 52-45%, and went +7 at the FT line (16-9).
- M – Aidan Vanderloo 22p; Ely Doble 19p; Joey Skoff 12p; Trey Power 10p
In Jamestown, ND…
Peru State (NE) 101-92
Mayville State (ND)
- Despite playing in-state, the Comets had their season come to an end in Jamestown as Peru State took them down in a shoot-out, 101-92. The Bobcats lived at the FT line, going 31/38 there in the win as two Mayville guys fouled out. MSU actually held a slight lead in FG%, 50-48%.
- Mayville – Sebastian Griffin 25p; Thomas Gieske 18p, 10r; Colby Dillenbeck 10p; Winder Joseph 10p
Jamestown (ND) 81-70
- Jamestown got it done at home w/ an 81-70 win over Bethel. The team shot twice the FT’s (25/30 – 12/15) & hit a better %age from the floor (45-38%).
- J – Mason Walters 34p (10/12, 14/17 FT) in 28’; Cole Woodford 19p; Reid Gastner 9p, 12r