ABERDEEN, S.D.(Press Release) – The Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce’s Workforce & Education Committee will host the 12th annual Youth Career Expo in the Barnett Center on the campus of Northern State University on Thursday, September 29th, 2022, from 8 a.m. until approximately 11 a.m.
This is an opportunity to market careers in your company and industry to a large group of eager young high school juniors and seniors from approximately 15 area schools who will be attending this event. This expo will allow you to link career options with the skills, qualifications, aptitudes, and interests of these students as well as promote your business to the future workforce.
Businesses who participate should:
- Plan to have hands-on or interactive activities. Something visual that will attract students to your booth (i.e. equipment and machinery).
- Post a sign listing the various career options in your industry.
- Bring along one or more employees who can interact and describe their job, education, training, and answer questions.
- Display or demonstrate skills or tasks that are common to your industry.
- Provide promotional materials and handouts of each career description, required education and/or training, and starting salary.
- Bring along one to two door prizes with your company logo.