ABERDEEN, S.D.(Press Release) – Win(ers of the 28th annual ABBY Awards were announced Thursday, September 15 during the event at the Dakota Event Center.
The ABBY Awards program is hosted by the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by the Aberdeen Development Corporation. It recognizes outstanding businesses and organizations in Aberdeen and the surrounding area.
All of the awards, except for the People’s Choice award, are judged outside the community by professionals in the Chamber and Economic Development fields. The 2022 winners are:
- Agribusiness Award:Groton Ag Partners
- Bridge Builder Award: Presentation College
- Community Involvement – Business:Quality Quick Print & Midstates Group
- Community Involvement – Non-Profit: Aberdeen Downtown Association
- Customer Service – Retail: Haggerty’s Music
- Customer Service – Service: Schwan Financial Group
- Health and Wellness: Sanford Aberdeen
- Manufacturing:Twin City Fan Companies
- Professional Services: Robert Stiehl – State Farm Insurance
- People’s Choice: Modern Day Health Care
Winners of the first annual Top 4 Under 40 were announced Thursday, September 15 during the ABBY Awards event at the Dakota Event Center. They include David Novstrup, Bea Smith, Spencer Sommers and Sarah Viola.
Top 4 Under 40 is a program the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce started this year to recognize the efforts of young leaders in our community and region. All nominees for the award must be between the ages of 21 & 39; are Aberdeen and/or Brown County residents; exemplify the qualities of a true leader and Aberdonian; are enroute or have already truly impacted our community for the better through their career and profession, community & civic involvement and personal or philanthropic efforts; and make our community a better place because they’re in it.