SIOUX FALLS, SD(Press Release) – The AGC of SD is deeply committed to a highly educated and trained workforce! Because of this we’re proud to pledge $40,000 annually for students pursuing an education in a career field directly related to the construction industry. Applicants must achieve an above average academic achievement and be committed to working in South Dakota following graduation.
BUILDING CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications can be found at the colleges noted below. Please check with individual schools to determine application deadlines.
The Building Chapter works with the following technical colleges and universities to administer $12,000 in scholarships annually. Each school awards two $1,000 scholarships for students enrolled in construction related degrees or diplomas.
· Lake Area Tech Dallas I. Hanson Memorial Scholarship
· Mitchell Tech
· Southeast Tech
· South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
· South Dakota State University
· Western Dakota Tech Ken Gifford Memorial Scholarship
HIGHWAY-HEAVY-UTILITIES CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIPS
Application Deadline: May 3, 2021
Apply Online: www.buildsouthdakota.com/scholarships
The Highway-Heavy-Utilities Chapter works with a Scholarship Committee to select and award the following scholarships for students enrolled in construction related degrees or diplomas. An AGC of SD HHU Member sponsorship is required, email Margaret@sdagc.org if you need assistance in finding one.
· $5,000 Sioux Falls Contractors Association Scholarship
· $2,500 BX “Excellence” Women in Construction Scholarship
· $2,500 John Shoemaker Memorial Scholarship
· $2,000 AGC Associate Division Scholarship
· $1,000 AGC Scholarship
· $1,000 Floyd Knight Memorial Scholarship
In addition to the scholarships noted above, the HHU Chapter sponsors a full-ride Stretch the Million Build Dakota Scholarship at Lake Area Technical College for the Heavy Equipment Operator program.
The AGC of South Dakota is a voluntary trade association of more than 500 contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and service firms.