ABERDEEN, S.D. (Press Release) – To accommodate an influx in COVID-19 testing, Avera St. Luke’s has expanded its provider availability and COVID-19 testing hours.
Anyone experiencing symptoms that needs to be tested, should call Avera’s local COVID-19 hotline at 605-622-8690. Avera staff will assist callers with a basic screening and provide further instructions, including what to do to ensure those around them remain as safe and healthy as possible.
Patients must call in order to be tested and should only seek emergency care in life-threatening situations. Emergency symptoms include bluish lips or skin, difficulty breathing, or fever over 104 degrees that doesn’t respond to treatment.
The local hotline is available daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- A fever of 100° or more
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or smell
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Sore throat
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Practice social distancing
- Especially avoid contact with anyone who is sick
- Stay home when you are sick except to get medical care
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if you cannot wash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
For more information, visit the Avera Health COVID-19 resource page at avera.org/covid-19.