ABERDEEN, S.D. (Press Release) – Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Aberdeen is committed to maintaining business operations and essential services while making efforts to protect the health of City employees and slow the spread of COVID-19. City employees will continue to work during this time while exercising Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for social distancing and cleaning. The following City facilities will be temporarily closed to the public effective immediately. The City will continue to monitor the COVID-19 exposure and reassess our dates if needed. The City of Aberdeen echoes Governor Kristi Noem’s approach to all of us “Joining hands, working together, and taking care of each other.”
City of Aberdeen Offices Closed to Public Access
The following City of Aberdeen offices can all continue to be contacted by phone or via email. All of this information is also available to you on the City of Aberdeen website at www.aberdeen.sd.us.
City Hall offices located at 123 South Lincoln Street
• Office of the Mayor, City Manager, and City Attorney’s Office: 605-626-7025
• Information Technology: 605-626-7044
• Finance: 605-626-7027
• Engineering: 605-626-7017
• Public Works: 605-626-7011
• Planning & Zoning: 605-626-7017
• Building Inspection: 605-626-7017
• Code Enforcement: 605-626-7017
• Human Resources: 605-626-7013
Employment Applications can be emailed to email@example.com. They can also be faxed to 605-626-7042 or you can use the drop box located in the parking lot on the north side of City Hall.
Aberdeen Fire and Rescue
• Fire Stations 1, 2, and 3: 605-626-7048
Though Fire Stations 1, 2, and 3 will be closed to the public, we will continue to operate and be available for emergency situations.
• K.O. Lee Aberdeen Public Library: 605-626-7097
Parks & Recreation
• Aberdeen Recreation & Cultural Center: 605-626-7015
• Aberdeen Civic Arena and Aberdeen Civic Theatre: 605-626-7015
• Senior Center: 605-626-3330
Senior nutrition programs and meals-on-wheels will continue as essential services.
City of Aberdeen Offices Open to Public
• Aberdeen Public Safety Building: 605-626-7000
Until further notice: Public access to the Aberdeen Police Department will be restricted, but
we will continue to provide all services to the public. The outer lobby of the department will remain open during normal operating hours. The community room will be closed. The Department is asking for individuals to please call ahead to 605-626-7000 when possible to see if needs can be handled by phone. Those wishing to file a police report or report a crime are also encouraged to call the Brown County Dispatch center at (605)-626-7911. Parking tickets can be paid by utilizing the drop box inside the lobby of the department.
• Aberdeen Regional Airport: 605-626-7020
• Ride Line: 605-626-3333
The City of Aberdeen offers a variety of payment options for customers to conveniently pay their bill versus paying in person:
• Pay Online: If you have an established online account or would like to create one, visit https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/aberdeensd to pay your bill using a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover debit or credit card. There will be a convenience fee for using this option.
• Make a Quick Payment by Phone: Call 605-626-7026, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to speak with a customer service representative. The City accepts Visa, Mastercard, or Discover debit or credit cards. There will be a convenience fee for using this option.
• Pay by Mail: City of Aberdeen, Finance Department, 123 South Lincoln Street, Aberdeen, South Dakota 57401. Please do not mail cash.
• Pay at our Drop Box: A drop box is located in the main parking lot on the north side of City Hall, 123 South Lincoln Street, Aberdeen, South Dakota. Please do not place cash in the drop box.
• Sign up for ACH automatic payment withdrawal by calling 605-626-7026.
Permit and Planning and Zoning Services
Permit and planning and zoning services provided by the City of Aberdeen will still available by phone at 605-626-7017.
• Applying for residential permits
• Request inspections on a case by case basis
• Check project status
• Pay invoices
City Sanitation Services
Rest assured your city sanitation services will not be disrupted. The orderly collection of your solid waste will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled day and time. Solid waste must be at the collection points by 8:00 am on the day of collection or 7:00 am during the summer months. You may set out solid waste for collection as early as the night prior to the day of collection. All containers and/or racks must be removed from the boulevards and/or public rights of way after the day of collection.
Public Works–Street Department, Water Distribution, and Sewer Collection, and Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department
All City Shops will be closed to the public. However, city crews will continue to provide maintenance and activities to the public.
Aberdeen Regional Airport
Aberdeen Regional Airport will remain open and continue to serve the traveling public until ordered closed by the Federal Government.