PIERRE, S.D. (DRG News) – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has released videos providing updates on planned operations for the year for the Missouri River Mainstem System.
Deputy director of Public Affairs for the Corps’ Northwestern Division Eileen Williamson says the information would normally be shared at spring public meetings, but those had to be canceled because of COVID-19.
Williamson says there are four videos, each covering a different topic.
The Corps will hold question and answer conference calls for the public. Participants are encouraged to submit questions in advance at: https://www.nwd.usace.army.mil/MRWM/faq/.
Questions submitted through the website will be consolidated and answered at the beginning of the calls set for April 20-23, after these questions are answered, participants will be allowed to ask additional questions.
Moderated question and answer sessions with the public will be held via conference call April 20-23. Call details:
- Phone Number: 1-888-557-8511
- Access Code: 5866278
- Password: 6796
The number of participants per call is limited to 150. If necessary, additional calls will be scheduled. Dates and times (All times Central):
- April 20: 1 p.m.
- April 21: 1 p.m.
- April 21: 7 p.m.
- April 22: 1 p.m.
- April 23: 6 p.m.
Although the Corps will attempt to answer all questions, calls will end after two hours. If a question is not answered, participants are encouraged to submit their questions via the website and participate in the next call. If necessary, additional calls will be scheduled.
The four videos are:
- Messages from Brig. Gen Pete Helmlinger, commander of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Northwestern Division and John Remus, chief of the Missouri River Water Management Division. https://youtu.be/0nBvq8urfOg
- The climate outlook and flood outlook from Doug Kluck, NOAA Climate Prediction Center, and Kevin Low, National Weather Service Missouri
Basin River Forecast Center. https://youtu.be/ShSNWyRyZws
- A basin overview and runoff forecast from Kevin Grode, USACE Reservoir and Regulation team lead. https://youtu.be/r3f2mWFWxM0
- Expected operations for authorized purposes in 2020 from Mike Swenson, USACE Power Production team lead. https://youtu.be/yySsZm_kTlw
The calls will be recorded and shared online at: https://www.dvidshub.net/search/?filter%5Bunit%5D=USACE-NWD&filter%5Btype%5D=audio&view=list&sort=date.
Questions and answers will be consolidated and posted here: https://www.nwd.usace.army.mil/MRWM/faq/.