WATERTOWN, S.D. (Press Release) – Due to the Global Pandemic COVID-19 (Corona Virus), Dakota Sioux Casino & Hotel has decided to take precautionary measures:
1. The casino beginning Sunday March 22, 2020 will be closing from 11 :59 PM – 8:00 AM
for daily for deep cleaning and disinfecting period. All machines and high traffic areas
will be targeted.
2. There will be no buffet or salad bar; there will only be menu orders available.
3. Deli hours will be from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily
4. Restaurant hours will be from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM daily
5. There will be gloves available for customers to use and hand sanitizers located at casino
We are closely watching the CDC and South Dakota State Department of Health for any updated
information on the virus.
We appreciate our customers and Employees and will do what we can to ensure a safe and clean
Casino. Your continued patronage and patience is appreciated during this stressful time, and we
look forward to continuing to serve you.
Hotel guests will be required to remain in their rooms during the deep cleaning times from 12
• Entertainment. The safety and well-being of our associates and guests is the No. 1
priority at Dakota Sioux Casino & Hotel. At this time, we will post-pone the Dart
Tournament & The Prince Xperience Concert. We encourage guests to check our website
and social media platforms
• Staff illness. Any employee with flu-like symptoms will be asked to go home and will be
required to remain home until they get a return to work release from a Doctor.
• Guest illness. We are encouraging any guests who are ill to seek medical attention
immediately and to avoid public exposure. We have established protocols to help guests
get the medical attention they may need. We are using sanitizing procedures in hotel
rooms where guests who become ill are staying.
Cancellation policy. We understand that many of you might have already made plans to visit in
the next couple of weeks. If your plans have changed, please call (605) 882-2051 , and a casino
representative will work with you to accommodate your needs.
What you can do. We ask that our guests follow the precautionary measures outlined by
medical authorities to help ensure everyone stays safe. The Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention recommends washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before eating, after
using the bathroom, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and before and after
caring for a sick friend or family member.
A voiding close contact with people who are sick.
A voiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Staying home when you are sick.
Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Throughout this situation, we will continue to monitor the recommendations and guidelines of
health authorities and provide you with additional updates as needed. The health and safety of
our guests and associates are always our focus. Thank you for your loyalty and trust of Dakota
Sioux Casino & Hotel.