ABERDEEN, S.D.(Press Release) – Northern State University will kick off its fall 2021 Noon Forums on Wednesday, Sept. 15, in the Williams Library Round Room.
Dr. Jon Schaff will be the featured speaker at the noon event, titled “America’s Unfinished Business.” Schaff is director of the new Center for Public History and Civic Engagement, which opened at Northern this fall.
Schaff’s Noon Forum is being delivered as a lead-in to the Constitution Day activities, which take place this Friday, Sept. 17, on the NSU campus.
Noon Forums, which are free and open to the public, will continue throughout the semester at noon most Wednesdays in the library. Remaining topics are as follows:
- 22: Does Television Eat Your Brain? (Kristi Brownfield, Kane Anderson)
- 29: Dueling Ink II (Pen Pearson, Lysbeth Benkert-Rasmussen)
- 6: Remembering the Roma (Steven Usitalo)
- 13: Lessons from my 90-year-old Grandfather (Grant Manhart)
- 20: Wolves Roaming the World (Dominika Blum, Becky Nelson, and Stephen Deduck)
- 27: COVID and the Irrational (Ken Blanchard)
- 3: Lessons from a Military Veteran and Veteran Students (Ron Brownie)
- 10: Frodo Lives! (Peter Ramey)
- 17: Our Eroding Democracy (Brian Bengs)
- 1: The Last Lecture I’d Ever Give (Jeff Bartel)