Fire in Faith claims pet, displaces two residents

FAITH, S.D. (DBE Radio Group) – Fire and black powder presented some challenges for firefighters who were called to a house fire in Faith. No one was injured but a pet perished that fire that displaced the two residents. Meade County Emergency Manager Doug Huntrods said that the Faith Volunteer Fire department crews were called around 8:30 Tuesday night. On arrival they found the residents already outside of the structure.

Huntrods said there was an explosion, leaving the house unlivable.

Huntrods said that even though the explosion blew out the windows, there didn’t appear to be a lot of debris outside of the house.

The zero degree temperatures and strong biting wind made things difficult.

Firefighters were still mopping up at 1 this morning.

Huntrods gave a shout out thanking the many volunteer firefighters who respond at a moment’s notice, despite having full time jobs. He also thanked the Red Cross for their assistance.