ABERDEEN, S.D. (HubCityRadio.com) – This year’s Fire Prevention Week (Oct. 4-10) has a kitchen theme to it.
Chad Nilson, Aberdeen Fire Marshal, talked about the theme.
He said people often get distracted while in the kitchen and that can lead to major problems.
Nilson said now is a good time to check on your furnace as well, before it is needed.
Space heaters can also be a big culprit when it comes to home fires.
With the time change on the near horizon, Nilson said it serves as an ideal time to replace batteries in smoke detectors.