Fire reported on North First Street in Aberdeen

ABERDEEN, S.D.(AberdeenInsiders)- One person was injured and taken to the hospital as the result of a garage fire on Saturday, July 1.

The 5:11 a.m. call to 109 N. First St. was reported as a garage fire, according to a news release from Aberdeen Fire & Rescue. The unattached garage, a pickup and a camper were fully engulfed when fire crews arrived.  They were destroyed, and several nearby buildings were in immediate threat from both the fire and heat.

There was no information in the release about the person who was injured.

The fire was quickly contained to the garage, vehicle and camper, but nearby tires have signs of heat damage, according to the release. The residents of the home were also displaced because utilities were turned off to contain the fire.

Fire crews were on scene for about two hours, and the fire remains under investigation.