House fire took place Saturday at Fort Pierre

FORT PIERRE, S.D.(KCCR)- A house fire Saturday put Fort Pierre firefighters to work for a time.  Fort Pierre Assistant Chief Ty Odden says fire crews were called to a home on La Framboise Drive, south of the Bad River around noon.

Odden says they believe the fire started with a propane grill.

Odden says it’s important to create space when using cooking devices outside your home.

Odden says the home suffered extensive fire damage and is non-livable at this time.