Mitchell City Council approve an agreement with Civil Design Incorporated

MITCHELL, S.D.(KMIT)- The Mitchell City Council on Monday night approved an $11,000 agreement with Civil Design Incorporated for an evaluation of two sites for a public outdoor gun range.  The two proposed sites are near Lake Mitchell and the former city dump on the south side of Mitchell.  Mitchell Public Works Director Joe Schroeder (shray-der).

Arden Petersen of the Game, Fish and Parks Department, says the Mitchell range would likely be patterned after one run by the City of Watertown.  He added that it would be a good fit for the area.

Petersen says the initial cost of Watertown’s range was $700,000, but bids came in below that amount.  The city would likely be responsible for 25 percent of the project, with GF&P funding the other 75 percent.