2023 SDCCTFCA AREA CROSS COUNTRY COACHES OF THE YEAR
AREA 1 – COACHES OF THE YEAR Tie – Class A · CLASS A – Eric Townsend – Milbank /Tammie Paulson – Clark/Willow Lake ·
CLASS B – Jessica Larson – Potter County · AREA 1 – Assistant COTY – Josh Schmeichel – Milbank
The First round of the NAIA Playoffs has been announced & multiple squads from the GPAC as well as the North Star winner have made the postseason. Regional matchups of note:
Ottawa (KS) @ Dordt (IA).
Dickinson State @ Montana Tech
Northwestern (IA) is the #1 team in the country, they’re receiving a 1st round bye + their GPAC foes, the Mustangs of Morningside also received and “at large” bid, they’re not playing a first round game.
Dakota Wesleyan 75 – Grace Fryda 19pts. Emma Yost 18pts.
Dakota State Univ. 93 – Savannah Walsdorf 22pts. & 8rbs. Angela Slattery 13pts. Cierra Watkins 13pts. Tabor Teel 12pts. & 9rbs. Caitlin Dyer 12pts.
Mayville State 63 – Jordan Zrust 27pts & 16rbs.
Bemidji State 52 – Alyssa Hill 19pts.
Mount Marty 32 – Sidney Thue 6pts & 9rbs. [0-21 from three].
Univ. of Sioux Falls 66 – Riley Moreland 15pts. Kami Wadsworth 12pts. Ayla Brown 11pts. Danielle Misaas 10pts.
NSIC Player of the Week
#4 Lexie Schneider (F, 6-3, Gr., Appleton, Wis. / Appleton East HS) – University of Mary
– Averaged 22 points and 12 rebounds as UMary went 1-1 last weekend
– Had 26 points and 9 rebounds against Northeastern State
– Had 18 points and 15 rebounds in a 75-73 win over Central Oklahoma
– Has led the Marauders in scoring in all five games and has hit at least 20 points four times
– Averaging 22.0 points and 7.8 rebounds with 2.2 assists per game
– Shooting 53.7% from the floor and 88.4% at the free throw line
– Opened season with 23 points in an 81-67 win over #19 Angelo State
– Posted 18 points and 15 rebounds in a 75-73 overtime win over Central Oklahoma
NSIC Shining 5*
Emma Miller (UMC)
– Averaged 23.0 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 4.0 assists in a pair of road losses
– Buzzer-beating half-court shot in the third quarter Saturday against Northwest Missouri State was named a Sports Center Top 10 Play
– Shot 44.7 percent from the field, and 47.1 percent from beyond the arc
– Had 31 points on 12-of-22 from the field against the Bearcats
– Added 11 rebounds for a double-double
– Dished out seven assists versus Nebraska Kearney
Natalie Jens (MSUM)
– Averaged 20 points across MSUM’s two games at the Regional Challenge, hosted by Rogers State
– Tallied 21 points and five assists against Rogers State on Friday evening
– Added in 19 points, eight assists and seven rebounds against 10th-ranked Central Missouri on Saturday.
– Shot 41.7 percent from the field and 57.1 percent from long distance across the two contests
Madelyn Bragg (NSU)
– Was Northern State’s offensive leader with 44 points on the weekend against No. 10 Central Missouri and Rogers State
– Led the Wolves to a comeback win in the fourth quarter against Rogers State, 68-59
– Averaged 22.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks per game
– Notched a career-high of 25 points against Rogers State
-Shot 19-28 (67.9%) from the field and went 6-9 from the free throw line
Bri Stoltzman (SMSU)
– Averaged 26 points and 8.5 rebound in a pair of road losses
– Scored 36 points in a loss at Northwest Missouri State
– Shot .459 from the field going 17-of-37
– Added 4.0 assists per game
Dakota Wesleyan 76 – Ethan Determan 26pts. Jakob Dobney 18pts.
Dakota State Univ. 77 – Uzo Dibiamaka 14pts. [Transf: Crookston]. Japjit Gill 13pts. Mison Coilton 12pts. Emmanuel Akpan 10pts. Josh Lewis 10pts.