ABERDEEN, S.D.(Aberdeen American News)- There was no damage to the Holum Expo building/Odde Ice Center during a Saturday night fire call.
Aberdeen Fire & Rescue units responded to the complex at the Brown County Fairgrounds around 8:45 p.m.
A fire started after cardboard materials came into contact with electrical equipment, according to Aberdeen Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief JR Huebner.
“For us, it was just a small fire that the crews were able to put out with a water fire extinguisher,” he said.
“There was a lot of smoke throughout the Expo Building, so we just spent some time airing that out and ventilating that out with some fans,” Huebner said.
Three Aberdeen Fire & Rescue trucks, two ambulances and a couple units from the Aberdeen Rural Fire Department responded. Several vehicles with onlookers were also on the scene.
Nobody was injured. The incident is still under investigation.