No one injured in Aberdeen house fire

ABERDEEN, S.D. (Press Release) – On Satruday, May 30, at 5:37 p.m., Aberdeen Fire Rescue responded to a structure fire involving a single family home at 1111 S. Cochrane Street. A neighbor noticed smoke coming from this home and alerted the owners who were outside at the time. Upon arrival, fire crews found smoke coming from this residence. Fire crews made entry to extinguish any fire and search for occupants. There were no occupants inside the home and fire crews did not find active fire, but encountered heavy smoke, high heat, and zero visibility.

The majority of the damage was located in the basement, but smoke and heat damage did extend to the main floor. Fire crews ventilated the smoke and completed overhaul to ensure no additional fire spread. Personnel were on scene for about 3 hours. There were no injuries. The fire is currently under investigation with more details as it becomes available.