KISSIMMEE, FL (NSUWolves.com) – Northern State Baseball dropped a 9-12 game to Cedarville Thursday night. Wolves drop to 3-4 on the early season.
The Quick Details:
Final Score: Northern State 9; Cedarville 12
Records: Northern State 3-4; Cedarville 4-5
How It Happened:
- NSU started the scoring in the first inning when Dakota Stilson grounded out to the shortstop that scored Spenser Larson.
- The next batter Sam McMacken hit a line drive home run to left field that scored Hayden Houts to take an early 3-0 lead.
- Northern State added one run in the fourth inning off a single from Alec Lee that scored McMacken to take a 4-1 lead.
- Cedarville scored eight straight runs in the fifth, sixth, and seventh inning to take a 9-4 lead.
- Dakota Stilson tallied a two run double in the seventh inning to cut the Yellow Jacket lead to 9-6.
- Cedarville scored two runs in the eighth inning to take an 11-6 lead.
- Wolves answered with three in the eighth on a Mikey Adams fielders choice that scored Lee.
- Later that inning, Hayden Hall scored on a balk, and then Larson reached on an error that scored Adams.
- Cedarville added one run in the ninth to win by a final score of 12-9.
Northern State Statistics:
- Cody Curfman: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 6 SO
- Sam McMacken: 3-for-4, 2 Runs, 2 RBI’s
- Alec Lee: 2-for-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run.