Fargo, ND (NSUWolves.com) – The Northern State University track and field teams competed at the Bison Team Cup. Men placed 3rd with 54 points and women took 3rd with 13 points.
- Nick Olson placed 2nd in the weight throw with a toss of 17.33m and notched 4th place in the shot put with 14.39m
- Sam Tremelling took 4th in the pole vault with a height of 4.61m
- Chris Weber and Noah Bayer took 3rd and 4th place in the 60m dash with close times of 7.095 and 7.096. Bayer also placed 5th in the 200m dash, running a time of 23.16
- Seth Martens, Drew Salfrank, and Carter Dingman swept the 400m race placing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with times of 50.79, 50.89, and 51.76 respectively. Salfrank’s time was a personal record for him
- In the 800m Dalton Fleckenstein was 2nd place with 1:59.69
- Nathan Alto and Evan Halbe ran the 3,000m to 3rd and 5th place finishes with times of 8:54.43 and 9:03.74
- The 4x400m relay improved their time from the Marauders open, running a 3:24.46 for 2nd place with sprinters Joel Matehs, Drew Salfrank, Carter Dingman, and Seth Martens.
- Cassidy Gough had a new personal record in the weight throw, placing 4th with a length of 16.96m
- In the pole vault Bekah Walz placed 3rd with a vault of 3.40m which was a personal record for her
- The mile consisted of Megan Pickering and Avery Murray placing 3rd and 5th with times of 5:21.84 and 5:34.12. For Murray this is a new personal record
Beyond the Results
- Gough’s throw of 16.96m in weight throw places her 21st in the nation
- Men’s 4x400m time of 3:24.46 earns a 36th place in national rankings
- Wolves will travel to the University of Mary next Saturday on January 20th for the Mike Thorson Open meet