NSU T&F Students Star In Classroom
NEW ORLEANS, LA (NSUWolves.com) – All-Academic teams and student-athletes for the 2023 NCAA Division II Track & Field seasons were announced on Thursday by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA). Both the Northern State men and women were honored, in addition to five student-athletes.
Kenzee Danielson, Cassidy Gough, and Renea Taylor were award All-Academic status for the women, while Jackson Harrison and Sam Tremelling were honored for the men. Criteria for individual recognition includes minimum cumulative grade point average of a 3.25 on a 4.0 scale through the end of the semester of competition, completion of at least 24 semester hours/36 quarter hours through the end of the semester of competition at the institution, achievement of an automatic or provisional qualifying mark (individual or relay event) for either the indoor season or outdoor season.
The Northern State women posted a 3.66 GPA, while the men recorded a 3.096 mark. Criteria for the award is listed below.
- The cumulative GPA (not 2022-23 academic year, not semester) for all student-athletes on the institution’s NCAA Squad List for Indoor and/or Outdoor Track and Field must be 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, certifiable by the institution’s registrar. Institutions utilizing a different GPA scale must convert the GPA to a 4.0 scale using the standard conversion method [GPA/Scale x 4.0].
- Transfer students and/or graduate students are to include only grades earned at the current nominating institution.
- The cumulative GPA of all student-athletes on the institution’s NCAA Squad List for Indoor and/or Outdoor Track and Field must be computed by the following method:
- Total the cumulative number of semester hours or quarter hours earned for all student-athletes on the NCAA Squad List including the most recent grading period;
- Total the cumulative number of quality points (GPA multiplied by the number of credit hours) earned by all student-athletes including the most recent grading period;
- Divide the cumulative number of quality points earned by the cumulative number of semester or quarter hours earned.