ABERDEEN, S.D. (Press Release) – Online registration for the 105th annual Northern State University Gypsy Day Parade will begin at 10 a.m. Monday, June 3.
Individuals and groups interested in entering the parade may register via the online form. Registration cost is $25. The parade is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 12, with a start time of 9 a.m.
This year’s parade theme is “Wolves Live Happily Ever After,” which will provide participants a wide array of options for float decorations. Participants will create a float depicting their favorite fairytale story or decorating according to the theme as they see fit. A panel of four judges comprised of Northern and community leaders will present awards in the following categories:
- Best Overall Float
- President’s Award (best Northern State University entry)
- Mayor’s Award (best Aberdeen Area community entry)
- Chamber Award (best Aberdeen Area business entry)
- Northern Pride Award (best representation of theme)
- Northern Spirit Award (best group participation and spirit)
- Thunder’s Award (best entry featuring live animals)
- Gypsy Award (best vehicle entry)
The parade lineup will be filled in order of online registrations received. The deadline to enter online is 5 p.m. Sept. 27. Only those individuals or groups that meet the online deadline will receive a block and space assignment. Confirmation letters will be emailed with lineup information approximately one week prior to the parade.
For information about the parade and registration process, contact the Student Affairs office by calling 605-626-3007 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.