Pierre Fire Department respond to call about carbon monoxide

PIERRE, S.D.(KCCR)- The Pierre Fire Department is called Wednesday afternoon to the Running’s Distribution Center on Airport Road in Pierre.  Fire Chief Ian Paul says responded to concerns about a possible carbon monoxide issue.

Paul says the levels were elevated but not extremely high so workers continued to work until the alarms sounded.

Paul says crews responded to a carbon monoxide call Tuesday as well and says the incidents are a good reminder make sure you have working C-O detectors in the places you live and work.  Pierre police and A-M-R ambulance also responded.  Crews were on-scene for approximately an hour.