PIERRE, S.D. (KCCR) – It only took about 18 hours into the New Year for the Pierre Fire Department to get called into action. Fire Chief Ian Paul says firefighters were called to the north central part of Pierre Wednesday night.
Paul says firefighters had to take the battle against the blaze inside.
Paul says the fire appears accidental in nature from the laundry room area.
The Pierre Fire Department has been busy of late with fires in residential structures and says it again is a reminder to be prepared with a working smoke detector.
The American Red Cross provided temporary accommodations for the home’s occupants.