PIERRE, S.D.(WNAX)- Summit Carbon Solutions has filed an application with the South Dakota Public Utilities Commission to build a pipeline under eastern parts of the state to transport liquid carbon dioxide to underground storage in North Dakota.
PUC Chairman Chris Nelson says it’s something new for them.
The pipeline would originate in Iowa where fights are developing over the use of eminent domain for the pipeline right of way. Nelson says they don’t deal with that issue.
Nelson says they understand the issue of land use and access.
Public input meetings in the Matter of the Application by SCS Carbon Transport LLC for a Permit to Construct a Carbon Dioxide Transmission Pipeline will be held:
- Tuesday, March 22, 2022, beginning at 5:30 p.m. CDT in the Sully Buttes High School Gymnasium, 500 S. 8th Street, Onida, South Dakota.
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022, beginning at 5:30 p.m. CDT in the Washington Room, Ramkota Conference Center, 3200 W. Maple Street, Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Thursday, March 24, 2022, beginning at 12:00 p.m. (noon) CDT in the De Smet Event Center, 705 Wilder Lane, De Smet, South Dakota.
- Thursday, March 24, 2022, beginning at 5:30 p.m. CDT in the Redfield School Auditorium, 111 E. 6th Avenue, Redfield, South Dakota.
- Friday, March 25, 2022, beginning at 12:00 p.m. (noon) CDT in the Northern Room, Ramkota Hotel, 1400 8th Avenue Northwest, Aberdeen, South Dakota.