Senator Rounds comment on Dakotafest held Wednesday

MITCHELL, S.D.(KMIT)- South Dakota Senator Mike Rounds attended Dakotafest in Mitchell on Wednesday.  He talks about what he’s been hearing from producers across the state.

About 70 percent of the Farm Bill is nutrition, including the SNAP program for those who need food assistance.  The other 30 percent goes into the farm production area.  Rounds says the major hangup on completing the Farm Bill will be its cost.

The senator says he is hopeful that a country-of-origin labeling amendment is added to the Farm Bill.  He says it has been a deceptive practice in the past.

Senator Rounds, Senator John Thune, and Representative Dusty Johnson participated in a US Congressional Forum at Dakotafest on Wednesday.  Today is the final day of Dakotafest.