David Tukesbrey was raised in Libertyville, Illinois and went to college at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He graduated in four years with his broadcasting and electronic communication degree from the William and Mary Diederich College of Communication. He was the Sports Director at Marquette Student Radio and broadcast basketball for the men’s and women’s basketball teams. He also traveled around the country with the women’s soccer team as the voice of the women’s soccer team.
After college, he worked at 620 WTMJ in Milwaukee, WI as a producer. He was one of the first broadcasters on WISports.com calling play-by-play for local high school athletics on a brand new platform on the Packers, Brewers and Bucks flagship station. From Milwaukee, he moved to Sisseton, South Dakota and was the sports and program director for KBWS. After nearly a year in Roberts County, he was hired on to be a part of Hub City Radio in Aberdeen, SD.
He has been calling play-by-play since 2005; he has broadcast football, basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball and hockey.
Previous broadcasting experience:
- Play-by-play & sideline reporter: Libertyville High School (basketball, football)
- Play-by-play: Marquette University (basketball, soccer)
- Play-by-play: Concordia University (WI) (football, baseball, hockey, soccer)
- Play-by-play & sideline reporter: Racine Raiders (football)
- Play-by-play: WISports.com (football)
- Play-by-play: KBWS 102.9 FM (football, basketball, volleyball)
Catch David Weekdays:
- 6-10 am: Hot Mess Express with Tukes on 106.7 Point FM
- 10-11 am: The Sports Hub on 930AM-KSDN-102.1FM
- 3-9 pm: Pheasant Country 103.7
- Calling Presentation College Athletics on 930-KSDN-102.1
You can reach him at (605) 229-3632 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.