MOBRIDGE, S.D.(DRGNews)- The search for a 70 year old man from Wakpala last seen on Lake Oahe near Mobridge in January is over.
Corson County Sheriff Alan Dale says Clyde Oswald’s pickup was found Monday. He says Central Diver’s, LLC, from Pierre, the Pierre Volunteer Fire Department Rescue Squad Dive Team and South Dakota Game Fish and Parks followed up on images they had gained from a prior day of searching. Divers went down in multiple locations and ultimately found Oswald’s vehicle with his body inside. He originally went missing while ice fishing.
Since Oswald went missing, the following agencies have assisted in the search:
- Mobridge Fire Department
- South Dakota Highway Patrol Air Wing
- Standing Rock Game & Fish
- South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Police Department
- South Dakota Highway Patrol
- Civil Air Patrol
- Central Divers, LLC
- Pierre Fire & Rescue
- Pennington County/Rapid City Search & Rescue
- Brown County Search & Rescue
- Codington County Search & Rescue
- Walworth County Office of Emergency Management
- Corson County Office of Emergency Management
- South Dakota Office of Emergency Management
- Carlson Services
- Standing Rock Water Resources
The Corson County Sheriff’s Office thanks all the agencies and volunteers who assisted in the search. Please keep the Oswald family in your prayers.