Moorhead, MN (NSUWolves.com) – The Northern State University swimming team fell to MSU Moorhead by a score of 167-121. The Wolves notched seven first place finishes out of 16 events. NSU holds a 3-1 dual record following the loss.
- Northern State kicked off the night with a first place finish in the 200 medley relay, as the team of Maddie Gonzales, Emma Beavers, Lilly Grebner, and Guusje Van Lent notched a time of 1:55.37
- The 200 medley team defeated the second place Dragons by over two seconds
- Haley Osborne kept the Wolves rolling with a victory in the 200 freestyle, hitting the wall at 1:57.58
- Gonzales added a third place finish in the 100 back with a time of 1:02.89, followed by Mia Fursedonne in 1:04.69
- In the 100 breaststroke, Emma Beavers and Hilary Sonnabend took second and third with times of 1:15.54 and 1:16.84 respectively
- Grebner notched her second win of the evening in the 200 butterfly with a time of 2:07.69; defeating the second place finisher by over 15 seconds
- Van Lent tallied back-to-back wins for the Wolves with the fastest time of 24.94 in the 50 free
- Jacie Flockhart returned to the diving board in the 1-meter recording a third place finish with a score of 201.55
- In her final event of the evening, Gonzales took third in the 200 back with a time of 2:18.12
- Brianna Back and Sonnabend tallied times of 2:45.88 and 2:51.44 in the 200 breast, taking second and third overall
- Osborne notched her second first place finish of the meet in the 500 free, with a time of 5:25.61
- Grebner closed out her competition winning both the 100 fly and 200 IM with times of 58.20 and 2:12.27
- Finally the team of Osborne, Tayla Liddle, Fursedonne, and Van Lent finished as the runner-up in the 200 free relay with a time of 1:42.41
Northern State will travel October 20 and October 21 for a pair of competitions in Sioux Falls. The Wolves will face off against Augustana, MSU Moorhead, and Sioux Falls. The competition start times are set for 5 p.m. on Friday and 10 a.m. on Saturday.