Bismarck, N.D. (NSUWolves.com) –The Northern State University swimming team fell to the University of Mary by a score of 148-117 on Saturday. The Wolves took home five first place finishes to end the day. Northern State holds an overall record of 3-8 following the loss.
- Northern State started the dual with a second place finish in the 400 medley relay with a timeof 4:10.09 from the team of Maddie Gonzales, Emma Beavers, Lilly Grebner, andGuusje Van Lent
- Haley Osborne and Tayla Liddle recorded second and third place marks in the 200 free with times of 1:59.87 and 2:04.24 respectively
- In the 50 back, Mia Fursedonne finished fourth with a time of 29.29, while Emma Beavers claimed a third place finish in the 50 breast hitting the wall at 34.67
- Grebner added a first place mark in the 100 fly with a time of 59.28, followed by Alexia Hoven in second at 1:03.05
- Van Lent kept the Wolves rolling notching a race winning time of 24.90 in the 50 free
- Jacie Flockhart racked up the first place finishes, winning the 1-meter dive with a score of 213.30
- In the 100 free, Van Lent and Liddle claimed third and fourth placings with times of 56.94 and 56.99 respectively
- Maddie Gonzales took second place in the 100 back hitting the wall at 1:02.82, while Fursedonne followed behind in fourth place with a time of 1:05.13
- The Wolves claimed back-to-back second place finishes with Beavers in the 100 breast at 1:16.05 and Osborne in the 500 free hitting the wall at 5:33.92
- Hoven added a second place finish in the 50 fly with a time of 27.76
- In the 100 IM, Grebner notched her second first place finish of the day hitting the wall at 1:01.42, followed by Gonzales in third at 1:06.01
- The Wolves finished the day with a first place finish in the 200 free relay, the team of Fursedonne, Liddle, Osborne, and Van Lent hit the wall at 1:41.27
Northern State will finish their fall season at the Augie invite on Thursday, November 16 through the 18 from Sioux Falls. Start times will be posted when available.