Auburndale, FL. (NSUWolves.com) – Northern State University baseball team dropped a heartbreaker to Tiffin University by a final score of 12-11. Wolves move to .500 on the season at 3-3.
The Quick Details:
Final Score: Northern State 11; Tiffin 12
Records: Northern State 3-3; Tiffin 2-7
How It Happened:
- The Dragons scored four runs in the third inning to take a 4-0 lead.
- NSU answered with two runs in the fourth inning with a single by Sam McMacken that scored Alec Lee.
- Later that inning, Mikey Adams hit a sacrifice fly to center field to score McMacken.
- Tiffin scored four more runs in the bottom of the fourth to take a 8-2 lead.
- Hayden Houts hit his second home run of the season to lead off the fifth inning.
- Later that inning, McMacken reached on an error that scored Chad Hinkle.
- In the sixth inning, Spenser Larson reached on an error that scored Jeff Disla. Later that inning, Dakota Stilson reached on an error that scored Larson and Adams to make it a 7-8 game.
- In the bottom of the sixth, Tiffin scored one run to extend the lead to 7-9.
- Disla hit his first home run at NSU bring the lead back to 8-9.
- Later in the seventh, Hinkle singled to centerfield and scored two runs to take their first lead of the game 10-9.
- Northern State added one more run in the eighth inning when Larson reached on an error that scored Disla.
- Tiffin scored two in the eighth and one in the ninth to knock the Wolves in a high scoring game.
Northern State Statistics:
- Hayden Houts: 3-for-5, one run scored, one run batted in
- Spenser Larson: 2-for-5, two runs scored, one run batted in
- Jeff Disla: 2-for-4, three runs scored, one run batted in
- Grant Farmer: 1.2 innings pitched, one hit, one run, three strikeouts
Up Next: Northern State is off for two straight days before returning to action Thursday against Cedarville. First pitch is scheduled for 4:30 CST against the Yellow Jackets.